- Patrons with serious medical conditions (epilepsy, heart conditions etc) or those recovering from serious illness or injury should advise staff upon entry.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol are not permitted in this facility.
- Patrons should secure their belongings in security lockers provided. The Centre takes no responsibility for items lost or stolen.
- There is no food is allowed on the court at anytime.
- Remove all rubbish before leaving the court.
- Due to health regulations, no pets or animals are permitted on the wooden deck of the kiosk. Dogs may be tethered to a designated area in the park while patrons utilise the kiosk.
- All public holidays incur a surcharge on court & Bartley Room bookings.
- Appropriate sporting attire including footwear must be worn at all times. Studs, or other hard protrusions are not permitted and you will not be allowed onto court. Shirts must be worn at all times on and off the court.
- Be courteous and considerate of your follow players.
- Wait until a game or point is finished before walking on to a court.
- Keep excessive noise to a minimum when playing or spectating.
- If a ball from another court interrupts your game, stop the point, return the ball to other court and replay the point.
- The receiver calls the serve when it is near the centreline or sideline. The receiving net person calls the service line
- Always call a ball out when you are in a position to, even if the point is not in your favour.
- Call the lines honestly and give your opponent the benefit of the doubt in those inevitable close ones.
- The Server has the responsibility of keeping score and should state the score clearly prior to serving each point.
- Ask management to request players to finish their booking, do not interrupt or automatically walk onto the court.
- Bad sportsmanship such as throwing racquets, swearing or abuse of centre’s property will be asked to leave immediately
Coaching or Instruction
- Personal training, coaching or structured activities must not be conducted without the prior permission of the Management.
- Management reserves the right to remove patrons who disobey the Conditions of Entry or who display inappropriate or anti-social behavior
- In the case of serious offences or criminal activity, police will be notified. Management reserves its right to refuse entry in the future.
- Players must pay four (4) weeks in advanced to secure a regular playing time & court. This will confirm the court for those weeks.
- A monthly booking will be given first preference over other enquiries to renew the same booking. Payment must be made in the final week of their previous booking. If payment is not made the court booking will be released to the community.
- Centre management has the option to reclaim a monthly booking for special events, coaching, competitions and tournaments. Patrons will be given a minimum two (2) weeks notice of these changes.
- Due to high demand, under no circumstances will centre management except ‘permanent bookings’. If a regular booking loses their time slot due to new programs, management will attempt to find an alternative day and time but will not remove another booking to accommodate the schedule of the hirer.
- Monthly bookings that wish to suspend their booking for a limited time due to illness, business, travel or holidays and then restart the same booking in the future will be reviewed by centre management and considered by the circumstances and time that the booking will be cancelled
- In the event of rain, monthly bookings must contact the centre on the day to confirm that the courts are unsafe otherwise no credit will be issued.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
The following conditions apply to refunds and cancellation.
- In the event that you can no longer participate due to reasons of your own, we regret that NO REFUNDS or CREDITS are available.
- If you can no longer play due to injury or severe illness, we are unable to provide cash refunds. A credit note may be given however; the decision to issue a credit note rests solely with management at Rushcutters Bay Tennis Courts & Kiosk.
- In the event of rain, credit to monthly booking is valid as long as the rain is considered too heavy for play. Players will need to contact the centre on the day to confirm the playing conditions. If no contact is made with the centre and you do not turn up, you will be charged the normal court hire.
- A credit will only be given for the remaining unused portion of paid fees. The credit note may be used at any time in the future, in any area of the club.
- Any application for credit must be made in writing to Rushcutters Bay Tennis Courts & Kiosk. A credit note will only be considered from the date of your written application.
- In the event of pre paid court bookings. A credit will be provided if twenty four (24) hours notice is made to the centre. 50% of court fees will be charged if a court is cancelled between twelve (12) and twenty four (24) hours notice is given. 100% of court fees will be charged if less than twelve (12) hours notice is given to the centre.
We Respect Your Privacy
At Rushcutters Bay Tennis & Kiosk the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
What kinds of personal information does Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
• your name and contact details (like your telephone number);
• Your email address;
• transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
• Any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does Barbara Ann Sportsware P/L collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
• make a purchase through our network which includes our website, over the phone or in person at the centre
• participate in a Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
• indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd;
• make an inquiry or a complaint;
• Have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
• people making a purchase on your behalf;
How does Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd hold personal information?
Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about you, including information that we receive from third parties. We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our Intrac Australia P/L. It is in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
Data collected online is stored in the Intrac Australia P/L database; a protected, secure data centre that is unreachable by the internet. Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd encrypts data sent from your computer to our systems during internet transactions. Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems.
Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing Intrac Australia P/L systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
• to process and fulfil your booking of courts/ room hire (or other items) from us;
• to contact you if there is a booking cancellation or change in court conditions, or for applying credits;
• to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website or other services;
• so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
• for business research and development of new products and services;
• to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we run;
• displaying content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
• verifying your identity;
• so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd communication preferences in a number of ways, e.g. within your Intrac account if you are an online customer; or by contacting the centre. In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
Otherwise, Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd will only disclose your personal information:
• where we are required to do so by law;
• if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
• If you have consented to the disclosure.
What happens if Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd does not collect my personal information?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option of not providing personal information, when you deal with Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd. For most bookings, you may be able to make cash transaction at the centre without providing personal information.
However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you, for example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of court conditions or unplayable courts or we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction.
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd holds about you and seek its correction. If you are an Intrac member, you are able to access or correct some of your personal information by logging onto our website (www.rushcuttersbaytennis.com.au). If you are not an Intrac member, so that your request reaches the right person, please send it to our management. Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s licence or passport. We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to or correcting the personal information. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Complaints and how to contact our manager via:
• e-mail at [email protected]
• facsimile on (02) 9357 7330
• letter to 6 Waratah St, Rushcutters Bay NSW 2011
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd has taken every possible measure to give you absolute security to ensure that you can purchase online with complete confidence.
Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd has a secure transaction environment for commerce on the Internet. Our online transaction system uses Secure Sockets Layer technology (SSL) to ensure your online purchasing experience is safe and secure at all times.
SSL is the industry standard for encryption technology and is compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome and most other browsers.
With the combination of Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd’s DigiCert 2048 bit SSL encryption on our website and your use of a secure browser, you can be assured that your transaction booking details are encrypted. SSL locks all information passed from you to Barbara Ann Sportsware Pty Ltd’s website in an encrypted envelope. This minimises the likelihood of interception by an unauthorised party.
If you are concerned about using your credit/debit card online, you can contact us for more information or assistance.